Ultrasonic Testing Level I and II course is designed to teach both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Upon completion, the student will be able to set up equipment, calibrate, and perform tests. The course includes hands-on training and inspection of test parts with known defects.
The basic concepts covered are:
- Ultrasonic theory
- Instrument operation
- Inspection parameters
- Thickness testing
- Straight beam flaw detection and sizing
- Calibration techniques for straight beam, dual element, delay-line, and angle beam transducers
- Angle beam flaw location and evaluation
- Special instrument features
- Equipment quality control
- Flaw, sizing, manufacturing processes, their flaws
- Proper and correct ultrasonic inspection
This 80-hours course meets or exceeds the requirements of SNT-TC-1A and NAS-410.