The Xpert for Regulatory Programs
Consumer Safety and RoHS Compliance
The Xpert for Consumer/RoHS, a convenient, compact & lightweight XRF analyzer for regulatory compliance programs, provides accurate Pass/Fail results within seconds. It is completely independent of an external PC and can be powered by battery for ease of transport to wherever testing is needed.
The Xpert, XP-6500-CC, for Regulatory Programs is a compact and transportable X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer optimized for Consumer Product and RoHS regulatory compliance programs. It has a well-lit, viewable sample chamber, touch-button operation, integrated camera, and a selectable analysis spot size.
Action levels for Consumer Products and/or RoHS regulations are preprogrammed for rapid Pass/Fail results. The Xpert for Consumer/RoHS Regulations has a safe and secure closed-beam configuration and operation is completely independent of
an external PC. It can be powered by battery and is lightweight making it easily
transportable for wherever and whenever testing is needed.
Comply with Global Regulations
The Xpert for Regulatory Programs is a fast, accurate, and cost effective XRF analyzer optimized for analysis of lead (Pb), cadmium (Cd), arsenic (As), mercury (Hg), chromium (Cr) and other toxic elements in metals, plastic, and mixed materials. It provides detection limits that are well within typical regulatory limits in most materials. It provides the ability to test not only at retail locations, but also at loading docks and manufacturing sites to screen imported/exported toys, jewelry, clothing, electronics, and other consumer products before they become a problem.
The GoldXpert XRF analyzer is ideal for pawn shops, cash-for-gold operations, the jewelry industry, museums, archaeological sites, coin collectors, scrap recycling, and more.
Features and Benefits
- Powerful 4 W X-ray tube provides reliable and accurate analytical performance.
- Speed: Delivers fast results within seconds.
- Portability: Can be powered by a compact battery for on-the-road analysis.
- Easy and accurate measurement automatically adjusts for the shape and size of the sample.
- Automatic karat determination.
- Large data storage capacity for test archiving.
- Easy data export and reporting for immediate certification generation.
- Integrated camera and small spot collimation for focused analysis and sample image archiving
- Completely nondestructive testing method.
- Innovative feature to help identify gold-plated objects
- On-the-spot gold karat classification, 0-24 kt.
- Identification of impurities.
- Accurate compositional analysis of platinum, silver, and other precious alloys.
- Verification of gold content in scrap metal.
- Determination of gold and silver content in coinage.
- Identifies and analyzes unknown metals for pricing, or even lead screening.
- Gold plating identification
The GoldXpert is equipped with an articulating sample holder arm, for securing and oriented samples for analysis. The Sample Holder is ideal for small component and mixed-metal jewelry testing.
The GoldXpert is available in two configurations: the standard GoldXpert and the high-performance GoldXpert SDD. The GoldXpert SDD is equipped with an advanced Silicon Drift Detector, enabling better precision and sensitivity for the most critical of applications.
The GoldXpert SDD offers a two-fold improvement in precision and sensitivity over the GoldXpert. For example, for a 20-second long test on an 18 kt gold standard, the GoldXpert will yield an Au precision of ±0.125%, while the GoldXpert SDD will yield an Au precision of ±0.067%. Longer testing times provide better precision. Shorter testing times can be utilized for rough, approximate analysis.
The GoldXpert SDD is recommended for refiners who need the utmost in analytical precision and fast reading times. The standard GoldXpert is suggested for general karating and trading applications.
GoldXpert Accuracy for Au and Ni in Certified Gold Alloy Standards
GoldXpert accuracy for Au in certified gold alloy standards
GoldXpert accuracy for Ni in certified gold alloy standards
Twenty repeat GoldXpert readings on an 18 kt certified gold alloy standard
The GoldXpert Countertop XRF
The Compact Professional Precious Metals Testing Solution
The GoldXpert offers the best of both worlds. A handsome countertop analyzer fit for the consumer showroom environment, it can also be networked for high productivity QA/QC jobs. The large chamber door opens quickly with a push of the large front trigger. The GoldXpert can also function as a portable analyzer when powered by a rechargeable Liion battery pack. Compact and lightweight, and weighing in at only 22 lb (10 kg), the GoldXpert can be transported easily to any location where testing is needed.
- Operates completely independent of a PC
- Leaded-glass viewing window for easy viewing of a sample in the chamber
- Integrated camera indicating sample analysis points
- Safe, closed-beam XRF system
- Small spot collimation for analysis; ability to switch between 3 mm and 10 mm diameter spots with a simple tap on the touch screen
- 4 W X-ray tube, 200 µA current (max), plus optimized beam settings for accurate analysis
- Small desktop footprint:
267 mm x 310 mm x 340 mm
(10.5 in. x 12.2 in. x 13.4 in.)
(with door closed)
- LED-lit sample chamber:
125 mm x 210 mm x 180 mm
(4.9 in. x 8.2 in. x 7.0 in.)
- Analysis indicator light with 360° visibility
- Portable operation with optional battery for mobile off-site use
- USB interface port for high-speed data export, printing, external keyboard and remote control
- Responsive, bright, color touch screen display
- Silicon PIN Detector system standard. Silicon Drift
Detector system available for optimized precision on trace elements.
The GoldXpert comes equipped with an integrated CMOS camera, which records sample images to memory along with analysis results for report generation.The X-ray beam collimation is utilized for measurement of small components and samples. A simple tap on the touch screen in camera view activates the 3 mm diameter collimation, and an on-screen indicator shows the operator exactly where the analysis spot is focused. Collimation can be easily reverted to a 10 mm diameter for standard bulk analysis.
Exclusive Plating Alert Feature
The GoldXpert has an exclusive feature that detects possible gold plating or coating when screening gold pieces. The GoldXpert analyzes for this possibility concurrently with composition of the piece. This feature allows the GoldXpert to alert the user if it determines that there is a possibility of gold coating or plating.
Data can be exported easily to spreadsheet format, and the memory can be accessed remotely when the GoldXpert is networked via its Windows CE operating system. Customized result and reporting certificates, including analytical results, an image of the tested sample, the company logo, and more, can be generated via the optional PC Software with the click of a button.