X-5000 Application Range
Elemental Analysis in Petrochemical Fluids and HydrocarbonsThe X-5000 analyzer provides accurate determination of trace to percent levels of elements in fuels, oils, and lubricants. This powerful, field-portable analytical instrument is used in a wide variety of industries to identify elements and determine the actual elemental concentrations present in a variety of matrices (solid, powdered, and liquid samples). Simply collect and analyze – no sample preparation is required. Key applications include:
- ASTM D4294 (sulfur analysis).
- ASTM D6481 (unused lubricating oils):
- Ca, P, Zn, S;
- Monitoring of Mo, Ba, Mn.
- Monitoring of wear metals:
- Fe, V, Pb, Cr, Cu, Sb, Sn, Mo, Ti, Ni, Cd.
- Heavy fuel oil analysis aboard vessels
- Sulfur content in SOx Emission Control Areas (SECAs).
- Diagnosis of abnormal wear through analysis of wear debris and particulates.
- Mercury and arsenic contamination in tank-bottom sludge.
Mining and GeochemistryThe X-5000 is ideal for exploration and mining samples including soils, sediments, rock chips, bagged drill cuttings, cut core, and liquid analysis of highly acidic samples. The X-5000 delivers excellent precision and accuracy for critical measurements, as well as low LODs required for specialized applications such as:
- Precious metals.
- Rare earth elements.
- Gold and gold pathfinders.
- Cassiterite, cadmium, antimony.
Environmental AnalysisThe X-5000 is ideal for field-portable XRF analysis of soil and sediment analytes, in bagged or fully prepared samples, to help comply with EPA Method 6200. In addition to commonly regulated analytes, some desired light elements, such as Mg, S, and P, can also be detected. The X-5000 delivers superior LOD, rapid analysis time, and analytical confidence during screening or qualitative, semi-quantitative, or quantitative analysis, enabling you to simultaneously analyze up to 25 elements within seconds. The eight RCRA and priority pollutant metals are easily and quickly measured on-site in soil, solids, wet sediment, sludge, and liquids using the X-5000. Its compact design and battery-power operation make the X-5000 the analytical choice for field use. Ensure compliance with global environmental methods:
- US EPA 6200 and ISO/DIS 13196.
- US EPA TCLP HAZMAT classification.
- US EPA, HUD, NIOSH, and OSHA.
- Priority pollutant metals and eight RCRA metals.
Alloy AnalysisThe X-5000 captures the power, speed, and precision of a dedicated industrial alloy analyzer in a compact and portable unit. The integrated workstation design and interlocked closed-beam system is ideal for incoming inspection, scrap processing, foundries, or on the production line. Specific applications include:
- Analysis of small samples and turnings.
- Analysis of ID alloys from ultrasmall shavings and particles down to 50 µm or less. Ideal for tracing metal particles for failure analysis.
- Detection of residual, tramp, or poison metals such as Cd, Sn, Ag, Cu, and other elements <0.01%.
- Screening of alloys to measure for low concentrations of P and S in carbon steels, stainless steals, and other alloys for quality control.
Consumer ProductsThe X-5000 performs quick, easy, nondestructive screening for Pb, Hg, Cd, Br, and other toxic metals used as additives in consumer products. This is particularly important for products that are intended for children. This type of analysis is also performed at border crossing points to ensure the compliance of imported products. Applicable consumer products include:
- Toys and sporting goods.
- Furniture and fabric
- Costume jewelry and apparel.
- Foods and beverages.
- Vitamins and supplements
- Cosmetics and personal care products.
RoHS DirectivesThe X-5000 delivers fast and simple RoHS compliance results for Cd, Pb, Hf, total Cr, and Br. The patent-pending RoHS Engine Method automatically optimizes the X-ray source and filtering for optimal detection limits of alloy and polymer samples. Production-friendly, nondestructive analysis is sued to detect ppm levels of restricted substances. The is ideal for meeting requirements such as the RoHS Packaging Directive, ELV Requirements, as well as various customer specifications, which are often more stringent than RoHS limits. The analyzer’ large sample chamber is also ideal for a variety of sample types including:
- Metal components.